Nothing too exciting today, Curt told me where I needed to do some reworking of a few braces in the trusses where they connect to the gable end truss, I needed to put a block on the gable truss and tie it into the chord braces of the common trusses. I had extra 2X4’s and now I had a use for them. I also put the extra studs in that I needed to make the rough opening the correct size for my overhead door. I took down the catwalk, and I’ve started removing the catwalk braces so that I can use them as fire blocking in the walls.
I called the building inspector and he tells me that I need the blocking installed 4′ on center (I need 4 per space between the studs.) that will be a project for next week.